Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wooden Shjips/The Heads split

Photobucket

Rooster Rock/Sick Thirst, 7"
2008, 320 kbps, 34MB

I present the 7" vinyl to the turntable bowed on one knee like its some sacred offering... The needle hits the wax and my vision turns into trails of psychedelic colours, Phil has transformed into a hedgehog and brett has breasts. This live recording of 'Handlar Med Jonesie ' is some trippy psyche rock.... OOOOOOOOooooohhh and then it kicks in with an amp blowing scorcher of a riff and blistering guitar noise devastating everything in its path, an incredibly powerful sound. A swirling metallic force has lifted me into the air and I'm floating above my body. Oh fuck not another bald spot...Man this is fantastic... I'm gonna have to change my pants and I haven't even played the Wooden Shjips side yet.... Here we go, everyone's favourite rockers with a live tune . I read once that they'd not been influenced or heard much by The Doors which is amazing as they really have that 70's sound going. 'Death's Not Your Friend ' appears here in the form of a live version recorded April 23rd 2008. You can imagine all the stoners and acid freaks that attended that show. I bet there were naked flower eating people and all sorts... So this is very classic rock sounding and actually a catchy little number. They have two sides to them sometimes they can be weird but this is their more accessible side albeit still all trippy and analogue sounding.
- Norman Records


DOWNLOAD

1 comment:

Angry Giant said...

you've uploaded so much great music! keep it going, I can't wait to discover more!